Every quarter, Sage Intacct, the industry-leading cloud financial solution, issues a new release that makes it just a little bit better. With 2019 Release 2, released in May, the platform has become even more flexible and easy to use, with new features and functionality that enhance what was already the best-in-class cloud platform.
Highlights of the new release
As detailed more fully in this video, 2019 Release 2 includes eight main advancements:
- All users who log in to Sage Intacct will automatically default to Action UI, the user interface that provides access to all the latest features. Users can switch back to the classic UI if desired.
- Bank reconciliation enhancements have been made that streamline the process and segregate duties, so you can provide different permissions for each part of the process.
- More out-of-box dashboards reduce setup time and can be optimized as needed. The new financial ratios dashboard that provides liquidity, leverage, and profitability, and a new cash analysis dashboard that shows centralized cash views and performance cards.
- Budgeting and planning optimizations make it easy to scale and manage budgets that are up to 300% larger than before.
- Dynamic Allocations automation and flexibility provides accurate visibility while reducing work at period close. Organizations with complex allocations can save up to three days of work each month!
- Enhanced contracts with projects enable subscription-based businesses that also manage projects. One change allows billing on percent of project completion, so you can bring cash in as the project progresses.
- GL posting flexibility in purchasing and order entry automates the workflow for managing commitments. You can now mark a GL account as a control account to disallow direct posting, alleviating routine errors.
- Enhanced inventory replenishment capabilities with improved forecasts can help you avoid stock-outs and keep stock levels lean. You can replenish based on forecast, current stock, and actual orders.
Continual improvement through these quarterly releases helps Sage Intacct maintain its lead over other ERP systems. But for many organizations, it can be a challenge to stay on top of every new feature and capability.
The Sage Intacct experts at Michaud Accounting Solutions can explain what’s new in 2019 Release 2 and help you determine which features you should take advantage of. Contact us for insights into the leading cloud-based accounting software and how we can help your organization be more productive and efficient.